Life, love, food. That’s what I imagine Christmas to be all about.I’m in the process of putting together a master Xmas menu for you, which I’ll share next week. All my tried and tested favourites, that I know will be cherished (and demolished) on your family table.
And… it’s oh so easy! In fact, here are 5 reasons you should try this Christmas Eggnog THIS VERY WEEKEND. Think…
- Deliciously dairy-free (with no egg either)
- Very low in sugars (and only from whole food sources)
- Done in 2 mins (in the blender… into your mouth)
- Every so slightly eggy, thanks to a magic ingredient (any guesses?)
- Easily spiked with a dash of rum, if you’re that way inclined.
Get out your blender, quad the recipe if you like, then nosh on awesome egg-nog all week long.
- 1 cup plant-based milk (soy, oat, nut, coconut)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 Medjool dates pitted
- 1/4 nutmeg
- 1/4 cinnamon
- 1/4 vanilla extract
- pinch of black volcanic salt
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until super smooth.
- To serve hot: heat on the stove until warm To serve cold: pour over ice (or add a few ice cubes to the blender)
- Sprinkle with cinnamon & nutmeg.
- To sweeten I’ve used a Medjool date but you can swap 2-3 regular dates or 1tsp liquid sweetener (brown rice malt or coconut nectar or yacon syrup) or 1tsp of coconut sugar, or a pinch of stevia.
- If you have no volcanic salt, use regular (although the volcanic salt gives the drink a eggy flavour)
- You can add ½ tsp maca powder, also for a hormone balancing boost
- You can make a chocolatey version with 2tsp cacao too!
- Freeze to make ice blocks for the kids!
- Traditionally a eggnog is milk, egg, sugar & nutmeg! So I’ve subbed the egg for cinnamon, vanilla and pinch of volcanic salt`