Carrot soup with lentil is one very tasty, spicy soup that is quick and easy to prepare.
We like to prepare it because it is fragrant thanks to the spices and yet so mild when you add yogurt.
When you don’t have much time and you want to eat something tasty and warm, remember our advice – take 15 minutes of your time and cook this soup.
Carrot Soup with Lentil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds or cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 18 oz carrots grated
- 1 cup red lentils
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- plain yougurt to serve
- Heat a large saucepan and fry cumin and chilli flakes for 1 minut.
- Add olive oil, grated carrots, lentils, broth and milk.
- Bring to the boli.
- Simmer for 15 minutes until the lentils have softened.
- Mix the soup with a stick blender until smooth.
- Season to taste.
- Put 2 teaspoons of yogurt in each portion and serve.