If you like mushrooms, and we don’t see why you don’t, this recipe is a must for you!
In addition to their nutrition value, this delicious broth highlights pure essence of the mushrooms.
Serve this creamy soup for lunch as a starter (with toasted bread) and we bet you’ll have more than one serving and you’ll skip the main course.
Button Mushroom Cream Soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups button mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground balck pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- Chop the onion. Cut mushrooms into slices.
- Whisk together flour, salt, pepper, thyme, garlic powder and 2 cups of the chicken broth until smooth.
- Melt butter in a soup pot over medium high heat.
- Add onions and mushrooms and saute for 4-5 minutes, or until tender.
- Pour flour and spice mixture into pot and stir to combine.
- Add remaining broth and bay leaf and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, and stir for 1-2 more minutes.
- Reduce heat and add half and half and stir to combine.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.