This veal broth has a our fine touch…sour cream and eggs.
For a good veal broth, you need quality veal.
If you have a good butcher, don’t miss the opportunity to make this wonderful meal.
Veal broth can be made with various additions..
We believe that every housewife has her best … try this…one egg and sour cream powder and you won’t go wrong.
It will add a creamy structure and a refreshing taste to this wonderful broth.
Veal Broth with Sour Cream
- 18 oz veal meat diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 2 Bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a broth pot add oil and fry the onion.
- Add meat and fry. Gradually add water (1l in total) and simmer the onion and meat for 1 hour.
- Add carrots and celery and cook about 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour 2.5 liters of water, add bay leaf and cook for another 1 hour.
- When the soup is almost done, make addition.
- Beat egg, flour and sour milk. Remove the soup from the heat, put a small saucepan and put the mixture to warm up. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Then return the broth to the heat. Add the mixture to the soup with gentle stirring and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!