Colorful, healthy, quick and delicious.
A must-try recipe for all cooks. Once perfected swap the toppings about and experiment.
Tricolore Pizza with Basil Oil
- 175 g ciabatta bread mix plus a little extra for dusting
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 handful basil leaf
- 1 avocado halved and thinly sliced
- splash lemon juice
- 125 g ball reduced-fat mozzarella
- 225 g mixed tomato sliced and drained on kitchen paper
- Heat oven to its highest setting, about 240C/fan 220C/gas 9. Tip the bread mix into a large bowl, pour over 125ml lukewarm water and 1 tbsp olive oil, then mix well to a sticky dough. Knead for a few mins, using some of the extra dry mix to stop it sticking. Place in an oiled bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm place for 15 mins.
- While the dough is rising, put the remaining oil in a small blender with most of the basil, then whizz until the leaves are finely chopped. Toss the avocado in the lemon juice, then tear the mozzarella into rough pieces. 3 Using a little more of the dry bread mix to help you, roll and stretch the dough out to a rough 25 x 30cm rectangle on a large baking sheet. Brush over the basil oil, scatter with the mozzarella and tomato slices, then bake for 10-12 mins until the base is crisp and the cheese melted. To serve, scatter with the avocado slices and remaining basil leaves, then season with freshly ground.