Every now and than it’s time to treat yourself with something special, and this recipe is all about being special. Whether you want to surprise your better half, or make a stunning party dish, one thing’s for sure, you’ll impress everybody with this gourmet recipe.
In this case we used pork steaks, but you can easily substitute those for veal. Creaminess of Gorgonzola sauce and smokiness of bacon will make this steak rolls instant favorite for your friends and family!
Stuffed Steak Rolls With Gorgonzola Sauce
- 1.7 lbs pork steaks sliced
- 1/2 broccoli
- 5 oz Gorgonzola
- 8 slices cooked ham
- 8 slices smoky bacon
- 8 leafs sage
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup broth
- 1/2 cup half-half
- 3 garlic cloves
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- dry vegetable seasoning to taste
- Preheat the oven on 200C or 400F.
- On high heat, bring water to boil and cook broccoli for around 4-5 minutes.
- Place broccoli in ice cold water so it can keep its texture and color.
- Use meat mallet and soften up the steaks with adding salt pepper and vegetable seasoning along the way.
- Place 1 slice of cooked ham and stuff it with broccoli and Gorgonzola, roll it up and put that roll on the steak. Roll the steak, same as you did with cooked ham. Repeat that process with other steaks. Use half amount of Gorgonzola for this part.
- Roll 1 slice of bacon around assembled steaks. Place 1 sage leaf on top of the bacon and fasten it with a toothpick.
- Put the steak rolls in the oven and cook them for around 45 minutes for well done.
- Hit oil in a sauce pan, add flour and pressed garlic and the rest of the Gorgonzola cheese. Cook for a little while and then add white wine.
- While whisking, add broth and half-half and bring it to broil on low heat.
- Serve the rolls warm with addition of creamy Gorgonzola sauce.