Healthy Thai Slow-Cooker Ground Turkey Recipe is an easy dinner or meal prep idea! It only takes 10 minutes to prepare, plus it’s gluten-free and dairy-free!
Slow-Cooker Thai Ground Turkey
- 420 g can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Turkey & Veggies
- 560 g ground turkey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup edamame shelled
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1 tbsp water
- Add coconut milk, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, chili sauce, sesame oil, powdered ginger & garlic powder to your slow cooker. Whisk together until smooth. Set slow cooker off to the side.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 TBS olive oil. Add ground turkey and onion and cook until turkey is browned on all sides (about 10 minutes).
- Add the turkey/onion mixture to the crock pot and stir until it's evenly distributed in the sauce.
- Add diced bell peppers (or any color of your choosing) and edamame to the crockpot and stir until everything is evenly distributed.
- Cook on high for at least 2 hours, or low for at least 4 hours, until the veggies are cooked to your liking.
- To thicken the sauce: Mix together cornstarch and water, add to crock pot and cook on high for 30-60 minutes, with the lid slightly ajar.
- Once veggies are cooked to your liking and sauce is thick, serve over rice or noodles!