Slow cooker Spanish chicken
This slow-cooked stew is packed with Mediterranean flavour from chorizo, olives, tomatoes and peppers. The meat will fall off the bone – mop up the sauce with bread.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion halved and sliced
- 12 large bone-in chicken thighs skin removed
- 225 g pack chorizo picante thickly sliced
- 3 mixed colour peppers cut into chunks
- 150 g pitted Spanish pimento stuffed green olives
- 300 ml dry white wine
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry 1 sliced Spanish onion for about 5 mins until golden.
- Tip into the slow cooker pot (we used a 6.5-litre model), then fry 12 large bone-in skinless chicken thighs and 225g thickly sliced chorizo picante in the same pan until starting to colour – you will need to do this in two batches.
- Add to the slow cooker with 3 mixed colour peppers, cut into chunks and 150g pitted Spanish pimento stuffed green olives.
- Tip 300ml dry white wine, 300ml chicken stock and 1 tbsp tomato purée into the pan.
- Scrape up any bits stuck to the bottom, then tip into the slow cooker, cover and cook on Low for 6 hrs.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, May 2017
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!