Slow Cooker Pepper Chicken is a tender, juicy and succulent chicken recipe that can be served on a bun or with a side of mashed potatoes, rice or pasta.
Slow Cooker Pepper Chicken
Place in Slow Cooker right away
- 3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove garlic crushed
Sautee 30 minutes before Chicken is done cooking
- 1 medium onion peeled and diced
- 2 bell peppers cut in thin strips
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
Add at the end
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Garlic Sweet Sauce or Teriyaki Sauce
- Place the chicken breasts on the bottom of the Slow Cooker. Pour the chicken stock on top. Add mustard seeds and garlic powder. Set the timer to 6 hours and the temperature to “high”. Turn the breasts over about 2 times throughout the cooking, doing it for the first time 3 hours into the cooking process.
- About 20 minutes before the chicken is ready, sauté the onions in a skillet with 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil, until slightly golden.
- Add strips of bell pepper and sautee some more until the pepper has taken on some color and became tender.
- Once the chicken is ready, shred it with two forks. Do not remove the leftover liquid, it will help to keep chicken moist.
- Add sautéed onion & pepper & the sauce of your choice (Garlic Sweet Sauce/Teriyaki Sauce). Season with freshly ground black pepper, sriracha & salt to taste.