This chicken and spice dish brings you a taste of North Africa.
And when we add almonds and dates, we will bring you sweetness too…
Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken
- 1 large onions cut into thin wedges
- 1.5 kg chicken breasts skin removed
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp African spice mix
- 1/4 tsp turmeric ground
- 400 g chicken broth
- 400 g tomatoes diced, drained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds grated
- 1 cup pitted dates quartered
- Layer onion and chicken in slow cooker.
- .Mix flour, garlic powder, salt, spice and turmeric. Sprinkle over chicken.
- Add broth, tomatoes, dates and almonds to slow cooker. Cover.
- Cook 4 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW. .
- Serve with hot cooked couscous, if desired.