This Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup has all of the flavors of decadent Chicken Parmesan in a waistline-friendly crockpot soup!
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 230 g chicken breast boneless, skinless (about 1 large breast)
- 5 cups chicken broth plus additional if needed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 2 tsp fresh oregano chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 115 g dry gemelli or penne pasta
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- fresh basil or parsley for garnish
- In slow cooker, stir together garlic, bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, chicken, broth, 1/2 cup cheese, basil, oregano, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook on high 3-1/2 hours or on low 7 hours.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board and use forks to coarsely shred; return to slow cooker. Stir in pasta. Cook on high 20-30 minutes longer or until pasta is cooked al dente. Stir in butter, if desired. If soup becomes too thick after pasta is cooked, stir in additional broth or water until desired consistency is reached, and warm through.
- Serve garnished with extra Parmesan cheese and chopped basil or parsley.