Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled, seeded, roughly chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- olive oil to taste
- 3 cups vegetable broth 720ml
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup coconut milk 60ml
- pumpkin seeds
- fresh chives chopped
- Add the butternut squash, onion, and garlic to a slow cooker. Drizzle with olive oil and add vegetable broth, ginger, cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 4 hours.
- Using a hand blender, blend the ingredients until smooth, or transfer to a standard blender or food processor and carefully puree.
- Add the thyme and coconut milk and blend to incorporate.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds and chives, if desired.