If you’ve previously tried brussels sprouts and think you don’t like them or haven’t tried them yet because you think you won’t like them….well….please try them!
Slow Cooker Brown Butter Creamy Linguine with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 450 g brussels sprouts
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 450 g linguine noodles
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Wash and cut brussels sprouts into halves (or quarters if they are large).
- Toss with olive oil and lemon pepper.
- Place on broiler pan lined with foil on top rack of oven for 3-5 minutes until slightly browned.
- Add brussels sprouts to crock and sprinkle evenly with flour.
- Brown 4 tablespoons butter on stove with Italian seasoning- link to tutorial in text above.
- Pour into crock.
- Add chicken broth and cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 until brussels sprouts are tender.
- Add uncooked noodles (break in half if needed to fit crock) and cream.
- Stir to combine then cover and cook on high for an additional 30-60 minutes until liquid is absorbed and noodles are al dente.
- Stirring 2-3 times during this final cooking phase will ensure noodles cook evenly and if needed another 1/2 cup liquid can be added until noodles are done.