We like to try different flavors, especially combination of roasted meat with fruity sauces. This one turned out excellent and we wanted to share it with you.
Lamb is a delicate meat, you need to be careful and not overcook it, and this roasted lamb recipe is best served well done, which we did also.
Blueberry and wine sauce is ideal for this lamb roast, have a try and you won’t regret it.
Besides the blueberry sauce, there is a nice note which comes from rosemary, one of the many herbs perfect for lamb meat.
Roasted Lamb With Blueberry Sauce
- 3 lbs lamb our was a bit larger
- 2 gloves garlic minced
- 1 sprig rosemary chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1/2 lbs blueberries
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- Mince the garlic and chop the rosemary.
- Prepare the lamb by cutting into it, making holes for the seasoning.
- Rub the seasoning and olive oil into the lamb.
- Roast in the preheated oven on 175C or 350F.
- While lamb is cooking, prepare the sauce.
- In a saucepan, start by cooking the onion until softened.
- Add blueberries and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Then add balsamic vinegar and wine, and cook until alcohol evaporate.
- After sauce has thickened, add butter and set aside.
- Make sure that you rest the roast for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve lamb rost with blueberry sauce on the side.