Red white and blue quinoa fruit salad
A healthy quinoa fruit salad with strawberries, blueberries, and a refreshing honey lime dressing. High in protein and perfect for breakfast, summer potlucks, and Memorial Day or the Fourth of July.
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa
- 450 g fresh strawberries
- 250 g fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves julienned
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp honey (use maple syrup or agave to make vegan)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Fluff and place in a large serving bowl, then let cool slightly. In a small bowl or measuring cup, stir together the dressing ingredients: honey, lime juice, and salt.
- Trim and quarter the strawberries, then add them to the bowl along with the blueberries almonds and mint. Pour the dressing over the top, then toss gently to combine. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Recipe from Well Plated.
Calories: 381kcalCarbohydrates: 62gProtein: 11gFat: 11gSodium: 185mgFiber: 8gSugar: 18g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!