Like the name says, really red smoothie.
Perfect combination of fruits and vegetables and with little effort, you’ll be amazed with the taste this smoothie has.
Really Red Smoothie
- 2 stalks rhubarb trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red sweet pepper medium, seedes and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1/2 cup raspberry or strawberry sorbet or sherbet
- In a small saucepan combine rhubarb, sweet pepper, and the water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 6 to 8 minutes or until rhubarb and pepper are very tender. Stir in strawberries; let stand for 2 minutes (do not drain).
- Transfer rhubarb mixture to a blender. Cover and blend until very smooth, stopping and scraping sides of blender as needed. Add raspberries. Cover and blend until smooth. If desired, strain mixture and return mixture to blender. Add sorbet. Cover and blend until smooth. If desired, add ice. Cover and blend until desired consistency, adding additional ice as needed.
- Pour into tall glasses and serve immediately.