Pea & Ham Soup
- knob of butter
- 1 medium potato peeled and diced
- 1 l ham or pork stock
- 500 g frozen petit pois
- 300 g ham thickly sliced, trimmed of any fat and diced
- Heat a knob of butter in a saucepan and when lightly foaming gently cook 1 chopped onion until softened, but not coloured.
- Tip in 1 peeled and diced medium potato and stir to coat in butter, then pour over 1l ham or pork stock. Simmer until softened.
- Tip in 500g frozen petit pois and bring back to the boil. Cook for a couple of mins.
- Remove from the heat and blend until smooth. Stir in 300g diced ham and serve.