Multi Cooker vegan pasta Marinara is healthy & easy vegan one pot pasta made with whole plant-based ingredients.
Multi Cooker Vegan Pasta Marinara
This oil-free comfort dish is prepared in just 20 minutes total, using the instant pot.
- 340 g whole grain pasta
- 3.5 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 small eggplant chopped
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 bell pepper (red or yellow) chopped
- 2 cups button mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 56 g tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- Start by pressing the “saute” function and let it heat up. Then add the onion and garlic with a splash of vegetable broth. Sauté for 30 seconds, stirring occasionally, then add the mushrooms, bell pepper, and Italian herbs for another 30 seconds, adding more vegetable broth to prevent sticking.
- Hit the cancel button and add all of the other ingredients: the vegetables, spices, water, pasta, and the rest of the vegetable broth.
- Stir around, mixing the ingredients - make sure the tomato paste dissolves and the pasta is pushed down as much into the sauce as possible. Then, place the lid on and lock it in place. Check to make sure the valve is sealed.
- Press the Manual button and use + or – to adjust the time to 8 minutes.
- When the 8 minutes are up, carefully quick release the pressure by moving the valve to one side, keeping face and hands away. You can use a towel to do so, and can even place it over the valve to catch the steam and any liquid that might spray out.
- Once the pressure is released, you can open the lid and stir the pasta. Taste test it, and add more seasonings if needed. Place into a bowl and garnish with fresh basil and nutritional yeast if you like!
Recipe from nutriciously.com
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!