Make homemade macaroni and cheese for a dinner.
The bacon, peas, and optional hot sauce add some new taste to classic mac and cheese.
Multi Cooker Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon and Peas
- 4 cups water
- 1 package macaroni (16 ounce)
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp hot sauce (optional)
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 fluid ounce)
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded 2% milk
- 1 cup Jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup diced cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup frozen peas defrosted
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine water, macaroni, mustard powder, salt, and hot sauce in an electric pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Close and lock the lid. Set to high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions and cook for 4 minutes. Allow up to 10 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid. Switch to Low Saute function by pressing Saute once and Adjust twice. Stir macaroni to separate any clumps.
- Stir evaporated milk, milk, and butter into the pot. Add Cheddar cheese and Jack cheese gradually, stirring constantly until melted. Stir in ham and peas. Season with salt and pepper.