Our Multi-Cooker Chicken Verde Soup is an easy recipe to make ahead and serve throughout the week for simple dinners. With the flavor of Orange Juice, your family will love this soup recipe throughout the year.
Multi-Cooker Chicken Verde Soup
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 Anaheim chile diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 225 g salsa verde
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jalapeño diced with seeds removed
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lime juiced
- 200 g green chiles
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 900 ml low sodium chicken broth
- In a multi-cooker, add olive oil, Anaheim chile, jalapeño, onion and garlic. Sauté for 5 to 7 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add raw chicken breasts to multi-pot, along with Florida Orange Juice, chicken broth, lime juice, green chiles, salsa verde, oregano, salt, cumin, pepper, chili powder and cilantro.
- Set multi-cooker on high for 4 hours on slow cooker setting.
- After 3 hours, open multi-cooker and shred the chicken breasts using two forks. Continue cooking for 1 hour.
- Serve immediately or freeze for later.