The Macedonian version of a chopped salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, peppers and feta cheese.
Macedonian Chopped Salad - Shopska Salad
- 3-4 ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1 long English cucumber chopped
- 1 yellow onin medium,chopped
- 2 green banana peppers chopped (you can also use a green bell pepper)
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup crumbled white feta cheese (If possible, try not to use Greek Feta as it is too salty for this salad)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Place chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and peppers in a large serving bowl.
- Add salt, oil, and vinegar to the tomato mixture; toss and mix until well blended. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
- Refrigerate for about 20 minutes, or until ready to use.