If you’re keto and are missing Big Macs, have I got the perfect Big Mac Salad and Big Mac Sauce recipe for you!
Super easy and let me tell you–it tastes EXACTLY like the real thing.
Except, of course, this low carb hamburger salad is actually good for you. Homemade Keto Fast food is an excellent choice, if you ask me.
Low Carb Hamburger Salad
Big Mac Sauce
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tsp mustard
- 2 tbsp Dill Pickles
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp onions chopped
- 2 tsp Swerve
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup Sliced Onions cut in half
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Dill Pickles
- Make the dressing. Mix mayo, diced pickles, mustard, vinegar, onion, paprika and Swerve. Set aside while you get the other ingredients together.
- Heat a 10-inch sauté pan over medium heat. Add the ground beef, smash it to break up the clumps, and cook until it’s almost cooked through. Add salt and pepper and finish cooking it all the way.
- While the ground beef is browning, chop lettuce. Slice onions and then cut into half. Roughly chop pickles.
- When you are ready to serve the salad, mix the lettuce, onions, pickles, and cheese. Put into four bowls. Add in ¼ of the ground beef mixture into each bowl. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
- The sauce will keep for at least a week in the fridge so make double–or quadruple! Not only does it get better with time, but it also works well with a variety of salads and grilled meats. Great for dipping grilled chicken as well.
- Use lean ground beef for this so you don’t have a greasy mess in your salad.
- I used plain yellow mustard for this.
- You can make a layered salad in a mason jar, and take it to work.