Korean Spicy Pork Bulgolgi Tacos
- 450 g pork shoulder (butt) thinly sliced
- flour tortillas
- kimchi diced
- cabbage shredded
- green onions diced
- onion sliced
- limes optional
- 2 tbsp gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sake
- 1/2 to 1 tsp gochugaru (Korean chili flakes)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp gochujang
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add the pork and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain all the excess marinade from the pork.
- Heat 3 tbsp. cooking oil in wok or large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Oil should just be starting to smoke.
- Cook the pork in 2 batches to avoid crowding the pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until pork is crispy and caramelized on the outside.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve on warm tortillas with shredded cabbage, diced kimchi, sliced onions, green onions and gochujang sauce (below).
- OPTIONAL: Drizzle with a touch of lime juice.
- For mayonnaise: combine ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Store in a covered container in the fridge.