Dear Keto friends…the search is over! This caramel squares hits all the spots, with a buttery, biscuity base, a salty caramel and a decadent dark chocolate ganache.
Keto Caramel Squares
- 1.5 cups almond flour fine
- 4 tbsp xylitol
- pinch salt
- 4 tbsp melted butter cooled
- 10 oz butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tbsp xylitol
- 7 oz dark chocolate 70 - 80% low sugar
- 4.2 oz heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C/356F and line a 3.1"x3.1" tin with baking paper (or a half size if you are making a smaller batch)
- Combine the base ingredients well and press firmly into the tin in an even layer.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until just turning golden at the edges.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter and xylitol over medium-low heat. Continue melting, stirring occasionally, until it is a dark golden brown colour. The darker you get it - without burning - the richer the caramel taste will be.
- Once golden brown, stir in the heavy cream and simmer for a further 7-10 minutes until the caramel has thickened. Stir regularly.
- Pour the caramel over the base and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes. Once done, refrigerate until completely cool and set.
- Once the caramel and base is completely cooled, prepare the ganache. Chop the chocolate roughly and put In a microwave safe ceramic or glass bowl with the cream.
- Microwave on 50% power for 1 - 2 minutes until the chocolate begins to melt. Stirring out of the microwave until it is evenly combined and glossy.
- Spread the ganache over the caramel and refrigerate until set. Cut into small squares.
- Keep refrigerated.