Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash Chicken Alfredo is a quick and easy low-carb recipe packed with creamy alfredo sauce and savory chicken.
This delicious dish is suitable for your keto diet.
If you have a desire to eat spaghetti replace them this way.
The combination of pumpkin and sauce delighted us … we like to make it even when we are not on the keto diet.
Multicooker Spaghetti Squash Chicken Alfredo [KETO]
- 1 whole spaghetti squash or 1/2 squash to make spaghetti
- 450 g skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 115 g reduced-fat cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- chicken seasoning
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, crosswise (not the long way) or make squash spaghetti yourself using a vegetable spaghetti cutting knife or electric vegetable chopper.
- Add 1 cup of water to the pot. Place the spaghetti squash in the instant pot.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
- After the 7 minutes, quick release the valve at the top of the pressure cooker to lower the pressure.
- Remove the lid and the squash. Poke the squash to ensure it's tender.
- Pour out the excess water from the Instant Pot. Turn the pot on the saute' function.
- Season the chicken breast cubes with the seasonings.
- Add the olive oil to the pot. When the oil is warm add the chicken.
- Saute' both sides of the chicken until brown and cooked. (about 3-4 minutes each side) .Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Add the garlic powder. Deglaze the pot by adding the chicken broth. Scrub the brown bits from the chicken from the bottom of the pot. The brown spots and bits from the chicken are packed with flavor. You want to keep this!
- Add the almond milk, whipping cream, cream cheese, and butter to the pot. Stir until combined.
- Stir in the broccoli and parmesan cheese.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the broccoli is soft and the sauce begins to thicken. Add the flour to the pot and stir. This will thicken the sauce. (If you would like a thicker sauce, add an additional tablespoon of flour.
- Add the chicken back to the pot. Mix well to combine.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Serve the chicken and cream sauce over the spaghetti squash.