Foglie d’ulivo, or pasta with spinach, as it is referred in Italy is delicious type of pasta. We wanted to enhance that spinach flavor by adding more, and with combination chicken peppers and ripe tomato we created wonderful dish many of you will certainly like.
Vegetables will release its juices and create a sauce, so you don really need anything additionally which makes this dish really healthy and low fat.
Foglie d’ulivo, in literal translation means olive leaf which makes this recipe visually appealing, besides its great taste. This homemade spinach pasta goes really well with chicken and peppers, but you can use only vegetables and make a vegetarian dish!
Fresh spinach is always better, unfortunately we couldn’t find any so we used frozen and it turned out really well.
Homemade Spinach Pasta With Chicken And Peppers
- 1 lb Foglie d'ulivo pasta
- 1 lb chicken breats boneless
- 2 red bell peppers sliced in cubes
- 3.5 oz spinach fresh or frozen
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- basil fresh, chopped
- Cook pasta according to instruction.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and fry the onion. Add peppers.
- When vegetables are softened, add chicken is cooked.
- Add white wine and let it evaporate, you will need a couple of minutes.
- Add spinach and cook for another couple of minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Add basil and pasta, and leave on low heat so pasta can absorb the flavors.
- Serve warm and ENJOY!