This homemade chicken soup is closely related with Greece and Mediterranean. Olive oil, Feta cheese and garlic are the trio which describe this country perfectly.
Addition of lemon is a finish touch which gives the freshness and classic taste of Mediterranean.
Homemade chicken soup is something everyone love and enjoy, and this version is not an exception. If you haven’t try combining Feta cheese and lemon in nice and warm soup, we strongly recommend you to.
The best part is, it’s really easy to make and if you don’t use orzo, it’s also low carb, which means it is also Keto friendly.
Homemade Chicken Soup With Lemon And Feta Cheese
- 2 l chicken stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 gloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 lbs chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- 1 lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 4 tbsp feta cheese crumbled
- 3 tsp chives dry
- salt and pepper to taste
- Orzo greek pasta, use other freely
- In a large pot, cook the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add chicken stock,lemon juice, whole chicken breasts and season well.
- Bring soup to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, slice it to bite size pieces, and return it to the pot.
- Add Orzo pasta, salt and pepper. Bare in mind that Feta cheese is pretty salty, and you'll be adding that later.
- Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Add chives, and in the end Feta cheese.
- Serve warm and ENJOY!