It’s easy to grill your own steakhouse-quality steaks at home.
High heat, salt and pepper, and you are good to go!
Add a pat of compound butter for a delicious low carb meal.
Grilled Steak with Rosemary Garlic Parmesan Butter
Rosemary Garlic Parmesan Butter
- 1/4 cup salted butter softened
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 4 New York Strip or Boneless Rib Eye steaks 1-inch thick each, room temperature
- 2 tsp kosher or sea salt more to taste
- 2 tsp kosher or sea salt
- In a small bowl, combine butter, rosemary, garlic and parmesan. Mix very well until well combined. Transfer to a square of waxed paper and roll into a log. Twist the ends and refrigerate until firm.
- Season steaks generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Let sit while grill is firing up the grill.
- Preheat grill .Once coals are glowing hot, distribute them to one side of the the grill for a two-zone fire.
- Place steaks on the grill directly over the coals and cook, undisturbed, for 2 to 3 minutes, watching carefully. Flip and cook on the second side another 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer steaks to the other side of the grill (indirect heat) and continue to cook until they reach desired temperature, checking often with an instant read thermometer. 135F is about right for medium rare.
- Remove to a platter and top each with a pat of the prepared compound butter. Let sit 4 or 5 minutes before serving. Recip e