Fig cake is a simple and quick cake that you can make in the fig season for your family.
Dried figs are available to us all year round, but if you are a bigger fan of fresh figs, you will agree that their taste is something special.
In addition to being healthy and healing, they can be a perfect treat when you feel like eating something sweet.
Fresh figs are delicate and can’t stand for long, and this is one way to use them and make candy for the whole family.
Fig cake is the best combination of cakes and fresh figs for one, Sunday afternoon…
- 2 eggs
- 8.45 oz yogurt
- 4 tbsp butter
- 6 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 orange only grated peel
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 12 tbsp semolina
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 8 fresh figs halfed
- Beat eggs and sugar.
- Add vanilla, salt, orange peel and yogurt.
- Then add the softened butter and stir on a low speed.
- Mix semolina and baking powder and add to the egg mixture. Whisk everything into a uniform mass.
- Pour the mass into a greased pan.
- Press the halved fresh figs into the dough so that the crust is down in the dough.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 356 F (180 °C).
- Cool the cake and serve.