Egg-fried Cauliflower Rice With Prawn Cracker Crumbs
This crowd-pleasing, low-calorie supper uses cauliflower for rice to bump up the veg count, while frozen peas and beans keep it budget-friendly.
- 160 g frozen green beans
- 160 g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 50 g bacon lardons
- 1 onion chopped
- 160 g carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 1 egg large, beaten
- 200 g small cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 25 ml sweet chilli sauce
- 20 g prawn cracker
- Put the kettle on to boil. Put the beans and peas in a large sieve then pour over the boiled water to defrost them. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large, non-stick frying pan or wok. Add the bacon and fry for 2-3 mins. Add another 1 tsp oil and cook the onion and carrots for 1-2 mins until slightly softened, then push the veg and bacon to one side of the pan. Add the final 1 tsp oil, then pour in the egg, stirring constantly to scramble it.
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles rice. Add the cauliflower and soy to the pan, and stir together. Add the green beans and peas, and cook, stirring, for 1-2 mins until hot through. Divide between two plates and serve with sweet chilli sauce for drizzling. Break the prawn crackers into rough crumbs. The crackers absorb moisture quickly so, to keep them crunchy, it’s best to serve them in a dish on the side to sprinkle over the rice while eating.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, February 2017
Calories: 428kcalCarbohydrates: 40gProtein: 18gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 4gFiber: 16gSugar: 25g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!