This Creamy Italian Quinoa Soup is not only amazingly delicious, but it’s also packed with protein, fiber and essential vitamins and antioxidants.
Soup season is here again… And I’m in testing mode. Doing my thing to bring you the yummiest and amazing soups that will be perfect for the chilly months ahead.
And I’m starting soup season off with a bang!
Introducing – Creamy Italian Quinoa Soup.
Creamy Italian Quinoa Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 3 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable stock
- 35 g chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 1 1/4 cup quinoa rinsed well
- 33 g diced tomatoes undrained
- 50 g tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 cups fresh spinach coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Saute, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add stock, chickpeas, quinoa, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and Italian seasoning to the pot and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 20-25 minutes.
- When ready to serve, stir in spinach and cream. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Divide into bowls and top with grated Parmesan.