This creamy garlic salmon recipe is closely associated with Tuscany region in Italy and it is simply perfect. Buttery sauce with sauteed spinach and tomatoes and nice and crispy salmon will make your friends and family think you are master chef.
The best part is that it is extremely easy to make and above all not time consuming. Salmon is rich with proteins and minerals, but also omega 3 acid which is the best part and one of the reasons it is considered among healthiest food you can have.
Salmon is the star of this recipe, but truth be told, you can easily use cod or trout instead of salmon. You can even use other sea food with this delicious sauce, but bare in mind you need adjust your cooking time.
Creamy Garlic Salmon With Spinach And Tomatoes
- 3 salmon fillets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halfed or quartered
- 2 cups spinach fresh
- 1/4 cup parmesan grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- scallions for serving
- 1/2 lemon for serving
- 1/4 cup chicken stock if necessary
- In a large pan heat olive oil on medium high.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper on both sides and cook until you reach that golden brown color, and then set aside.
- Lower the heat, add butter, and then add garlic.
- Add cherry tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a couple off minutes.
- Add spinach, and after spinach leaves are shrunk, add heavy cream and cheese and let it simmer.
- Lower the heat when sauce is nearly done and add salmon so it can absorb the flavors, cook for a couple of minutes and add stock if sauce gets too thick.
- In the end, sprinkle with scallions and squeeze lemon juice on top.