We love Mexican cuisine and we don’t hide that fact, but we also like to experiment with different ingredients and structures but sometimes, classic ingredients are the best.
Lovely Clever Taco Boats are full of classic taco ingredients like ground beef, melty cheese, lettuce and tomatoes and they’re beyond delicious. Spicy, but not too spicy, it’s great for everyone, especially for your kids because of the appealing appearance.
This beautiful taco flavored beef and delicious topping, inside of a tortilla “boat” will be on your menu for a long time, and it’s not important if you cooked a bit more of ground beef mixture or prepared more topping, you won’t be having any leftovers because it’s so delicious!
Clever Taco Boats
- 12 pcs taco boats or tortilla boats
- 2 cups cheddar cheese or other, grated
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 tsp dry cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 3 tbsp taco mild sauce
- 2 cups mexican vegetable mix ( sweet corn, red pepper, peas)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 lettuce leaf roughly cut
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes halfed
- 1 pickled jalapeños diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- Heat olive oil in a pan and cook the diced onion. After 5 minutes of cooking add green bell pepper.
- After another 5 minutes, it's time to add ground beef and then salt, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper.
- Add taco sauce and shortly after that 2 cups of Mexican vegetable mix.
- Fill the tortilla boats with cheese on the bottom and put them in the oven for 5 minutes on 350F or 175-180C so cheese can melt.
- Fill the hot boats with ground beef mixture.
- For topping use lettuce, avocado, cherry tomatoes, pickled jalapeños and sour cream. Put diced vegetables and finish of with sour cream.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!