his veggie soup makes a warming bowl of goodness for lunch or a starter
Chunky Minestrone Soup
- 3 large carrots
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 4 celer sticks roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 large potatoes cut into small dice
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 l vegetable stock
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 400 g can butter or cannellini beans
- 140 g spaghetti snapped into short lengths
- 1/2 head Savoy cabbage shredded
- crusty bread to serve
- In a food processor, whizz the carrots, onion and celery into small pieces. Heat the oil in a pan, add the processed vegetables, garlic and potatoes, then cook over a high heat for 5 mins until softened.
- Stir in the tomato purée, stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 mins.
- Tip in the beans and pasta, then cook for a further 10 mins, adding the cabbage for the final 2 mins. Season to taste and serve with crusty bread.