If you like spicy Indian food, you got to love this chilli based madras sauce.
There are many varieties of hot chicken in the world and this one is one of the most famous originated in world’s 2nd largest country.
Follow the instruction, but bare in mind that there are a lot of different manufacturers of multi cooker so the time may not be precise for each one.
- 700 g chicken breast / thighs
- 3 small green chillies
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- 2.5 cm piece root ginger finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 200 g tomatoes tin chopped
- handful coriander leaves
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Remove any skin on the chicken and cut into bite size pieces. Finely chop the chillies, and do not remove the seeds.
- Add oil to the pot. Select SAUTE and press START. Heat the oil and wait till they sizzle.
- Add the onions and fry until golden brown. The onions must be a dark golden brown for the perfect flavour.
- Add the green chillies, ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the red chilli powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric and salt and stir frequently.
- Add the chicken and 50ml of water and mix well for 2-3 minutes. Press CANCEL.
- Add the nutmeg and tomatoes. Select STEW. Press TIME ADJUSTMENT and press - button to reduce the time to 40 mins. Press START.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with garam masala and fresh chopped coriander.
- Serve with basmati rice, roti or naan bread.