Chicken liver tricolore pasta is rich and flavoursome chicken liver pasta.
Chicken livers have fallen out of fashion but we think that is a shame.
We love to cook chicken liver recipes and the taste of chicken liver reminds us of childhood.
Chicken liver tricolore pasta is a spicy but very tasty pasta recipe,the tomato gives it freshness, and chili peppers warmth.
If you are not a fan of chicken liver, you will hardly find a replacement in this recipe.
If you are unsure, give it a try.
Chicken Liver Tricolore Farfalle
- 17.6 oz chicken liver diced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp dried cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp chilli
- 1 leek chopped
- 2 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 3.5 oz pasta for serving
- fresh parsley for serving
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the cayenne pepper, smoked paprika powder, chilli and crushed garlic for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat for 30 seconds and remove garlic from the pan.
- Add chicken liver and fry for 2 minutes on each side.
- Add chopped leek, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook 15 minutes. Add more salt and pepper.
- When almost cooked, add olive oil, oregano and thyme.
- In the meantime, cook pasta according to instructions.
- Serve with cooked pasta and chopped fresh parsley.