Ukrainian capital Kiev is famous for many things and this delicious recipe one of those things for sure. Our version is a mix of classic and modern version, boneless chicken breast and garlic added to butter for rich flavor.
This juicy and tender Chicken Kiev will melt in your mouth, and after you try it once, it will become standard dish on your home menu.
- 5 oz butter melted
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop garlic and parsley and place them in a bowl. Add melted butter. Mix with a fork to obtain a compact mixture.
- Transfer the mixture onto the aluminum foil and wrap it with foil.
- Wrap the ends of the foil and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until it hardens.
- When the butter is firm enough, remove it from the fridge, remove the foil and cut into circles.
- Make a pocket on the chicken fillets with a knife but be careful not to cut them all the way.
- Sprinkle chicken fillets with salt and pepper. Put 3-4 rings of butter in each pocket and secure with a toothpick to keep it closed.
- Whisk the eggs. Take the flour and breadcrumbs. Dip each chicken fillet in flour, then in eggs and finally in breadcrumbs.
- In a frying pan, heat 1/2 cup of oil. Note: Control the amount of oil yourself, it is important that the meat does not stick to the bottom of the pan
- Fry each fillet for about 3 minutes on each side until golden yellow.
- Transfer it to a pan lined with aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 200C (392F) for 30 minutes.
- Serve them with mashed potatoes or vegetables of your choice.