The Cheesy & Spicy Pull Apart Bread Recipe With Indian Spices is an delicious and spicy bread that is packed with flavors from the Indian spices and vegetables.
Cheesy & Spicy Pull Apart Bread Recipe With Indian Spices
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp wheat bran
- 1 tbsp flax seed powder
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
For Potato, Baby corn & Minced Soya Nuggets Masala
- 2 potatoes diced small
- 1/2 cup baby corn finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 15 soy chunks (nuggets)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- cooking oil
- salt to taste
- cheese grated (for topping)
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dough except the oil. Add a little warm water at a time and knead to make a smooth dough. Once the dough has come together, add the oil and knead for 3 to 4 minutes until smooth.
- Cover the bread dough and keep it aside in a warm place to rise until doubled for about 2 hours.
- Cook the soy nuggets in hot boiling water until it feels soft and spongy. Once cooked, drain the water out and squeeze the excess water. Mince the soy nuggets and keep aside.
- While the dough is rising we will prepare the spicy masala for the filling.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat. add the cumin seeds, chopped onions, green chilies and saute until the onions are translucent. Add the diced potatoes,chopped bell pepper,baby corn and saute until the potato and the vegetables get cooked well.
- Once the vegetables have cooked through, add the garam masala powder,chili powder, salt and cook in medium flame, now add the minced soya nuggets and stir well to combine.
- Check the salt and spices and adjust to suit your taste. Keep the masala aside.
- After couple of hours, once the dough has risen, punch down the dough and roll it into a large disc on a floured surface.
- With a cookie cutter, cut medium sized round discs and spoon enough masala in the center. Fold the disc filled with masala into a half moon and tuck the edges together. I will look like a calzone or a gujiya. Proceed the same way with the remaining dough portions.
- Arrange the half moon filled dough in a round springform baking pan. Allow the dough to rest for an hour in a warm place. This will help the dough to rise the second time.
- Preheat the oven to 165 C. Sprinkle some cheese over the Spicy Pull Apart Masala Bread and place it into the oven to make for 35 to 40 minutes until the crust has turned golden brown and the bread feels cooked through.
- Once done, remove from the oven and serve warm.