I highly recommend if you are on a low carb diet.
You can have 5 – 6 of these and still have consumed very little calories, fat and carbs. Perfect healthy alternative for binge eating weekend get-togethers with friends.:) The only difference is you stay on track and bring your friends here to try your recipe.
You have to make sure you really squeeze out as much water out of the cauliflower as possible!!
Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks
- 1 head cauliflower medium,cut into 1-inch florets (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 egg large
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Marinara sauce optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Process cauliflower in batches in a food processor until finely ground. Microwave, covered, in a microwave-safe bowl on high until tender, about 8 minutes. When cauliflower is cool enough to handle, wrap in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze dry. Return to bowl.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, mix cheeses together. Stir half of cheese mixture into cauliflower, reserving remainder. Combine next six ingredients; stir into cauliflower.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, shape cauliflower mixture into an 11x9-in. rectangle. Bake until edges are golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Top with reserved cheese; bake until melted and bubbly, 10-12 minutes. Cut into 12 breadsticks. If desired, serve with marinara sauce.
Customize to your heart's desire by adding toppings such as pepperoni, mushrooms, and olives before baking.