This cauliflower pizza crust is a healthy veggie-packed recipe that is naturally gluten-free and grain-free.
It’s perfect for people who still want to eat their pizza while following a low-carb or keto diet.
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 75 g red onion thinly sliced
- 150 g red pepper thinly sliced
- 150 g courgette diced
- 2 fresh tomatoes chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg beaten
- 15 g freshly grated Parmesan
- 50 g reduced-fat mozzarella thinly sliced
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves torn
- 1/2 tsp hilli flakes optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Remove the stalks from the cauliflower, break into large pieces and hand grate or blitz in a food processor.
- Add the cauliflower to a bowl, cover with clingfilm and pierce the film a couple of times. Cook in the microwave on high for 4-5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- nce completely cooled, place the cauliflower onto a clean tea towel and squeeze over the sink to remove the excess water.
- Meanwhile make the pizza topping. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion, red pepper and courgette for 4-5 minutes until starting to brown. Add the tomatoes, garlic and oregano and cook for another 2 minutes. Mix well and set aside
- Add the cauliflower to a bowl with the egg and Parmesan. Mix well.
- Line a round baking tray or pizza sheet approximately 25cm in diameter with non-stick baking paper. Spread the cauliflower, to a thickness of ¾cm, onto it. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and top with the vegetables and mozzarella slices. Bake for a further 10 minutes. Serve sprinkled with the basil leaves and chilli flakes, if using.