Very easy and packed with flavor. California Chicken Wrap is a delicious summer dinner. When you look at the ingredients, a lot of you would probably say something like:
“Mango and bacon?!”
Rest assured they are perfect for each other, and with combination of avocado, chicken, and lime juice, it is so refreshing and light regardless strong ingredients like bacon and mayonnaise. Ali in all, perfectly balanced combination.
California Chicken Wrap
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 cups chicken chicken breasts
- 1 mango finely chopped
- 2 small avocados diced and smashed
- 7 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 cups romaine lettuce shredded
- 1 tomato diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon in a large pan until crisp and set aside.
- Cut the chicken in bite size pieces.
- Cook chicken breast until soft in a same pan for about 10 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Roughly mash avocados, season with salt and pepper, then stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Place cooked chicken in a large bowl, add mango, 4 tablespoons of the mayonnaise and lime juice.
- Lay a tortilla on a work surface and spread the avocado mixture, leaving a little space on a border. Layer the lettuce down the center, followed by tomato, 2 slices of bacon and chicken mixture. Fold in the 2 sides of the tortilla, then roll up like a burrito. Repeat the process with other 3.