We didn’t honor the holy trinity of Cajun cuisine when we excluded celery from this recipe, but nevertheless we reached the goal we aimed.
Deliciously seasoned pork rolls with addition of Cajun spice, creamy cheese and perfectly balanced mix of vegetables helped us create an exceptional dish.
Cajun Spiced Pork Rolls
- 1 lbs pork steaks
- 1 cup cheese shredded
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 cup mushrooms marinated, sliced
- 2 tsp jalapeno peppers marinated, sliced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp Cajun spice mix
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted
- Thin pork steaks with a meat mallet.
- Heat olive oil on a medium heat to cook onion and yellow bell pepper. After a couple of minutes, when the onion and bell pepper softened, add marinated mushrooms and jalapeños. Season with spices.
- Take one pork steak and add cheese at the center, then add onion, yellow bell pepper, mushroom and jalapeño mixture and top it with another layer of cheese. Make a roll, secure with a toothpick and repeat the process with other steaks.
- Place the steaks in a baking dish and generously season each steak roll with Cajun spice mix and 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- Cook in a preheated oven on 390F (200C) for 1 hour.