One of the most famous ways you can use broccoli in your diet. It’s probably not the most famous and most used vegetables, especially among kids. This broccoli and cheddar soup is an excellent way to get your kids start eating this healthy ingredient.
Cheddar and cream cheese are not the healthiest ingredients, but they are the best way to enrich this soup and make even the hardest enemies of broccoli to say:
“Ok, this is delicious!”
Broccoli And Cheddar Soup
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 carrot
- 2 gloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1 onion
- 1/2 litre chicken stock unsalted
- 1 lbs broccoli
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 7 oz cheddar cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- chilli flakes to taste
- First thing to do is to melt butter in a pot. Add onion, garlic and carrot. Cook the vegetables for around 5 minutes.
- Add paprika, chili flakes and mustard. Pour in the stock, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add broccoli, cover with the lid and cook for about 10 minutes or until broccoli is soft.
- Next thing you need to do is to add cream cheese and cheddar cheese and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve warm.