If you’re in a hurry and you’re expecting company, this recipe can be made quickly but also impress your guests and let them know you have put an effort into it.
Little sausage bites with apple and sage can be served as an appetizer for any occasion. Follow these simple instructions, and the result will be the same every time.
Apple and Sage Sausage Bites
- 2 sausages pork
- 2 apples Granny Smith
- 20 sage leaves fresh
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch sugar
- Slice the sausages and apples. Sausage pieces should be around 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Add a little olive oil into the pan and cook the sausages.They should get that golden brown color. When you finish, set them aside on a warm place.
- Take another pan, and add 1 tbsp of butter, apple slices and a pinch of sugar. Cook the apples until they are soften. Set aside.
- Add another tbsp of butter, and cook the sage leaves. Cook around 30-60 seconds, just until the sage start to become crispy.
- Assemble this sausage bites by putting 1 sage leaf and 2 slices of apples on a sausage and attach the toothpick so everything stays together.